Monday, January 14, 2013

The Golden Globes Red Carpet Report Card

Bonjour, readers.  Awards season is upon us and this is always a time to check out what celebrities think looks good (and they are often wrong).


Claire Danes in Versace-A+
She wore my favorite look of the night.  And can you believe she just had a baby a month ago???  The only thing Claire needs to improve upon is her eye make-up.


Taylor Swift in Donna Karan-A+
I think Taylor actually ties with Claire for best look.  I applaud her for moving away from her usual gold, cream, and red palette.  Purple is a fabulous color for Taylor.  I only wish I had a picture of the back of the dress, and the angle of this shot isn't the best.


Helen Mirren in Badgeley Mischka- A-
Wow, Helen looks amazing for being 67.  This dress is classic and funky, just what she should be wearing.


Jessica Alba in Christian Dior-B+
I want that necklace.  No, for reals, I want it.  Jessica (or her stylist) chose a great look, all except that clutch.  I'm all about an unexpected piece, but a feathery purse?  Just say non!


Jodie Foster in Giorgio Armani-B+
Another older woman who looks fantastic for her age.  This dress is stunning, but the hair and eye make-up just aren't doing it for me.


Kristen Bell in Jenny Packham-B
Jenny Packham is one of my favorite designers, and this dress is no exception.  Kristen looks so pretty.  I just can't love how heavy the beading on the shoulders is.  The linebacker look doesn't work for anyone.


Nicole Richie in Naeem Khan- B-
That blue color is absolutely lovely on Nicole, but I'm not sure the nude background is the best, and a clutch with that much fringe is just horrendous.  I do love her ringlets, though.  Elegant but simple.


Michelle Dockery in Alexander Vauthier-C+
This is a nice twist on classic colors.  Her hair and accessories look good, too, but I think the gold part should end a bit higher.


Anne Hathaway in Chanel-C
Whoever took this picture needs to be fired because Anne's head looks way out of proportion to her body.  I love the simplicity of this Chanel dress, but it's just missing something for me. A brightly-colored necklace would be a good addition.


Katharine McPhee in Olivier Theyskens for Theory-F
I just...this is downright awful.  It looks like a jumper, and I'm so over the thigh-high-slit trend.  Those shoes are terribe, too.  And I can't say I'm a fan of top-knots.  Sorry, Katharine, but you can do much, much better.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Megs! Love the blog. (:

    Jodie's halter style blue dress gave me an idea for something I could try with the straps of a dress I have. Hmm...the wheels are a-turning in my brain!

    ReplyDelete